We are surrounded by people. People we perceive as friends. There are varying categories of this, however at one level or another our friends include our buddies from childhood, partners in crime from the college days and so on …
As with all relations in life, a key to being happy is to remove selfish friends from your circle as soon as possible.
Now, I am no one to lecture you. Your call… If you love torture – please retain all your selfish friends…Why not even go out now and make a few new ones 😉 – To everyone his/her own poison 🙂
Here are a few signs to identify “friends” to let go of :
- They believe they deserve special treatment.
- You are not a priority for them.
- They make shady plans or cancel with you for no real reason.
- You never met his/her friends!
- He/She is not able to sustain long term friends and is usually making new friends as they don’t really know him/her.
- They act like polite / cordial people.
- They try to confuse you – as if their failing is YOUR fault !
- They don’t care enough to stay in touch with YOU – even thou they can with their NEW “Friends” 😉
- They are not willing to change for you at all.
Life is all about learning and applying. No one can survive without changing and even less so without a few true friends.
My parting words – Take care of your true friends before they start to feel you are taking them for granted and immediately get rid of the selfish ones around you.
Result : You will be happier and probably live longer 🙂
Part 2 coming next week !